The Epsilon Series is the most compact digital servo drive in the Control Techniques range. Designed to fit in 152mm deep cabinets, with cables attached. Epsilon drives still possess the functionality and flexibility found in our other drives and servos. There are three sizes of each Epsilon drive: 2 Amp, 3 Amp and 5 Amp, with the largest drive delivering up to 6Nm continuous torque. Each drive contains a 14-segment status display, reset button, removable connectors and utilises standard “D” type connectors.
- 90 to 264 VAC 1Ø input power
- Up to 6Nm continuous torque
- Drive options: (in 2,3 or 5 Amp)
– Base Unit Eb
– Indexing Ei
– Indexing with DeviceNet Ei-DN
- Easy install, setup and operation
– Compact, space saving design, 152mm panel depth including cables
– Pluggable connectors, standard D-type and screw terminals
– State-Space Observer Control, which allows 10-1 inertia mismatch out of the box, and 50-1 with tuning
– Free PowerTools Software, and upgrades
- Programmable, optically isolated I/O
- RS232/485 serial communication interface using Modbus protocol
- 14-segment status and diagnostic display, time-stamping of last 10 faults for easy troubleshooting
- Field programmable flash memory firmware (upgrades are free)
- 24VDC auxiliary input for logic backup
The Epsilon is available as a base drive, the Epsilon Eb; or as a single-axis positioning, indexing drive, the Epsilon Ei.The Epsilon Ei is also available with DeviceNet-Epsilon Ei-DN.
Power Tools FM Software
The Epsilon is very easy to commission and program using PowerTools FM software.This Windows™-based programming environment makes extensive use of drag and drop editing, tabbed setup screens and hierarchical views. PowerTools FM is used to select the operating mode and motor, configure I/O, set velocity limits and torque levels, and monitor drive and I/O Status.